Thursday, November 28, 2013

India Journal: Watch Out Where You Pass Out

Okay, best advice ever: Don't get drunk & pass out.

Second best advice: Don't get drunk & pass out where a python might lurk.

The result of violating the second piece of advice for one guy is reported below. And, yes, this is in the state where we live. Hat tip to the Glamorous Nomad for this news item.

sportsmasher.com

Python Eats Passed Out Drunk Guy In India


Note to self: Do not get drunk and pass out outside in India. I have been incredibly drunk in my checkered past, and I have done some things I am not proud of, including passing out cold in some strange places for lengthy amounts of time. However, I am sure that I would wake up from my drunken slumber if a python was trying to eat me, and i think I would be able to escape his deadly coils. That’s just because I am self confident. Pythons are constrictors, so it is likely that the snake came across the passed out man and could tell that he was still alive, since pythons can sense heat. The snake then constricted the man, and began to suffocate him while he was passed out, so if the man even woke up and realized what was going on it was already too late. Rest in peace, drunk guy, at least your senses were dulled with alcohol when you met your untimely inebriated end.

P.S. Pythons, just like this one have a breeding population in Florida now, since so many Floridians released their huge pet snakes when they could no longer care for them. Check this out:
19 Foot Python Killed Near Miami
20131127-110108.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you even posted that...ugh what a way to go to the morgue

    ReplyDelete